There are so many organizations in our community, and some are more well known than others. Today I want to share an organization that helps our homeless and at risk youth in Greater Moncton. Youth Impact Jeunesse Inc. offers support to youth through many services, including housing, education, life skills, social skills, work readiness, counseling, food, clothing and so much more!
Our Mission"Youth Impact helps young people succeed by providing support and new opportunities."Our MandateThe purpose of Youth Impact is to provide quality care and guidance to youth between ten and twenty-four years of age who have social, emotional, and behavioral problems.The goal is to help youth and their families change or eliminate the conditions that have acted as obstacles to their success.
Watch our video with some of the staff, explaining their services and the support systems they have in place for youth in our community.
Please have a look at the following list and help by donating if you are able.
Youth Impact Jeunesse Christmas List 2018
- $5.00 Gift Cards
- Male clothing sizes small- large. (jeans, sweaters, tee shirts, underwear)
- Female clothing sizes xs-xl (t shirts, leggings, sweaters, yoga pants, underwear, bras)
- Men’s and women’s winter boots
- Blankets/Sleeping Bags
- Work boots
- Non-perishable food items (Kraft dinner, soups, canned veggies)
- Sundries: Deodorant, Condoms, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Floss
- PJ Pants
- Cosmetics (nail polish, lip gloss, lip balm)
- Long Underwear
- Sweat Pants
- Tins to put baked goods
- Bus Passes
- Take out containers
- Ear Buds
- Travel Mugs/Water Bottles
- Hot chocolate
- Hygiene Products
- Travel First Aid Kits
- Wet Wipes
- Chap Stick
- Nail Clippers
- Back Packs
- Emergency Blankets
- Emeren C Packs (Vitamin C Packets)
- Energy Bars
Some things Youth Impact Jeunesse can help you with include:
- Get help finding a job
- Improve your education
- Provide you with gently used clothing and footwear
- Make your own meals or on certain days enjoy a meal with your peers
- Take a shower and clean your clothes
- Find a safe place to live
- Get counselling and support
- Apply for income assistance
- Increase your employment skills
- Support group for mental well being
- Connect you with other community resources
- Support you if you are a parent (whether you have custody of your children or not)
- Give you a chance to get involved in your community and express yourself
- Give you independent living skills
Regardless of the organization you choose to support, there is always the need for help, either monetarily, item donation, time volunteering, or spreading awareness. One of my goals heading into 2019 is to share some of those less known services and organizations that are available in our Greater Moncton community and beyond. Spreading awareness is something I personally can give, and through this, I hope to help these organizations reach more people who can either benefit from their services or help them provide their services to more people in need.
If you would like to nominate a group or individual who is giving back to the community in the Greater Moncton area, please email me at email@example.com and I will add them to my wish list.