Grocery Shopping Jan 17th *
Today we went grocery shopping as a family (4 of us). Sometimes this can backfire, when we go without a plan. Today I think we stuck fairly close to plan and ended up with a couple extra deals. Shopping as a group can sometimes create challenges, but today I had my list and planned to get Clayton, my 3 yr old to help putting items in the cart. He did a great job helping, and daddy and big brother Lorne also helped occupy him when I was going through the cash.
We went to Atlantic Superstore and Walmart. Here is the break down of our shopping trip.
I will post my meal plan later to give you an idea of where the food fits into our plan for the week.
One thing I try to do each week is find he best produce prices and only pick up those items (unless there are other produce deals on the clearance rack, lots today, but I didn’t even look, too tempting).
- Onions $2
- Carrots $2
- Cauliflower X4 at $2.50 = $10
- 3pk Romaine Lettuce $2.50
- Golden Delicious Apples 4lb bag $2.50 – $0.75 (Coupgon) = $1.75
- Avocado x2 @$1.67 each=$3.34 – $0.75 (Coupgon) = $2.59
- PC Thin crust pizzas $5.49 (2,000 pts each) X4 = $21.96 (8,000 pts earned)
- 4L Milk $6.35 – $1 (Coupgon)= $5.35
- Eggs x2 @ $1.99 = $3.98
- Sour Cream $1.89
- No Name Waffles 8pk x6 @ 1.50 = $9 (Stocking up on these)
- Larsen Hot Dog Wieners Lg Pack $5.99 (2,000 pts)
- Hash Browns 2.69
- PC Cream Cheese (lg) $4.99
TOTAL Out Of Pocket: $76.69
PC PLUS POINTS EARNED: 11,000 (10,000 in store and 1,000 digital)
I earned a total of 11,000 pts today, which equals $11 when I redeem them in the future. Plus there are points that will be added for my produce purchases through the Guiding Stars program later this month. I used 3 Coupgons to total $2.50 off at the cash as well.
Next we went to Walmart and picked up a couple things.
- Strawberries $2.97 (they are all out, so no luck there!)
- Ground Chicken x2 (25% off) $5.08 = $10.16
- Steak Packs x2 (25% off) 7.77 and 6.52 = $13.59
- Bacon x2 $2.97 – $1 (tear pad) = $1.97 x2= $3.94
TOTAL Out of Pocket: $27.69
These groceries, in addition to what I have on hand, will feed us meals for most of the next 2 weeks. We will buy more salad ingredients for next week.
Watch the blog for my menu plan with the above groceries.
*Please keep in mind, there will be junk food and not so healthy options at times, but I try to shop relatively healthy. We have a family of 4, children 3 yrs and 12 yrs and 2 adults.