Greek Quinoa or Orzo Salad
This is a weekly salad in our house. It is often made with pasta as well. My favourite pasta to make this with is Orzo. It is a small rice like pasta. Simply sub orzo for the quinoa in the recipe below.
Try adding other veggies you enjoy, such as diced peppers, shredded carrot, corn, etc…
Greek Quinoa Salad
This is a regular weekly addition to our meal plan. We love this as a supper meal with diced chicken added or as a side dish. We always make a double recipe and have left overs as a lunch the next day/days. You can add more veggies, as noted below. I hope you enjoy.
Servings 4 people
- 2 1/2 Cups Quinoa cooked & rinsed
- 7-10 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- 1/2 cup Cucumber diced
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled or cubed
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Olives Green or Black
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Greek Seasoning
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and greek seasoning and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, feta & tomatoes in large bowl. Stirring to combine.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture, combine by stirring and refrigerate for a few hours. You can eat it right away, but if you let it sit in the refrigerator the flavours combine better.
This recipe was for the Quinoa but you can really use any pasta you wish. We have made it with macaroni, orzo and penne. I prefer the Orzo, simply for texture. My son likes it better made with bigger pasta, he hates Quinoa. I have added chopped up onion, sundried tomatoes, peppers and diced Chicken to this recipe before, all great options. ENJOY!