Greek Pasta or Quinoa Salad
My kids both LOVE olives! (Yes, even the 1 yr old) so this salad is always year round hit in our house. My oldest son takes it for lunch at school. He would eat it every day if I let him.
- 2 Cups cooked Pasta or Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup crumbled or diced Feta
- 1/4 Cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 Cup diced english cucumber
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Olives (green or black), or more if you love olives like us
- 1 Tbsp Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Cook Pasta or Quinoa as per pkg instructions. (any type of pasta will do, but I like Orzo or penne, completely different, I know!)
- In large bowl, combine all other ingredients and stir to blend flavours. I like to prepare this before cooking pasta to allow the flavours to combine. If you can make this the night before, it will be even more flavourful.
- Add cooked pasta, toss well and serve.
We eat this at least once a week!
Make it into a complete meal by adding cooked chicken to the mixture. This is fantastic served warm or cold.