Prepping freezer meals is such a time saver and in the summer it is life-changing. In the summer months, we tend to get off schedule more with fewer routines in place, and that is when popping into the grocery store or fast-food restaurant happens. If you take a little time once a month, to prep 15-20 freezer meals, you can not only save time but also money!
Most of the freezer meals we prep for the summer are either slow cooker/instant pot friendly or BBQ friendly. This pork recipe is super easy and can be prepared in the Instant Pot / Slow cooker if a roast, or on the BBQ as well, if chops.
Some other freezer meal favourites of ours are:
- Orange Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Fajita Kits
- Cheesy Chicken Penne
- Beefy Quesadillas
- Pizza Pockets
- Twice Baked Enchilada Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken & Bacon Chowder
Garlic Marinated Pork Roast or Chops
Garlic Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- 1 ⁄4 cups olive oil
- 1 ⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 ⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar red wine vinegar works too
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 lb pork loin clean and trimmed (or 6 chops)
- Place pork in a freezer bag.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into freezer bag and seal.
- To cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight, place in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. OR bake in a roaster in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.