Are you like me? I don’t enjoy cooking meals and want to make them as simple, easy and healthy as possible. This Honey Garlic Chicken freezer meal is one of my favourite Chicken recipes. I have adapted it to freeze ahead and cook in the slow cooker. Prep the bags, freeze, then pop into the slow cooker to have an easy and yummy supper.
If you LOVE the convenience of stocking my freezer with make-ahead meals, be sure to find more freezer meal options at the bottom.
Before you start:
- Place your ingredients on the counter with a mixing bowl for each recipe.
- Label freezer bags with Recipe name, date and any additional instructions.
- Leave the meat in the refrigerator until you are assembling the packs.
I have included measurements for 2 freezer packs to serve 2 adults. If you require enough for 2 adults and 1 child, you can use the same sauce measurements, and simply add another chicken breast or thigh. If you are looking for meals for 4 or more, simply adjust measurements to accommodate.
Honey Garlic Chicken
Label Freezer Bag: Honey Garlic Chicken, Date, 5-6 hours in slow cooker on low.
Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
- 1 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Chicken Breast or Thighs
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add chicken to the two freezer bags, and pour 1/2 sauce over each.
- Remove air from bag, seal and freeze flat in the freezer.
*** You can also cook the rice ahead of time and freeze it. Simply freeze serving portions in zippered freezer bags and freeze. To use, place in a bowl or sink of hot water. Pour in a bowl and fluff to serve with your meals. ***
More Chicken Freezer Meal Recipes:
- Cheesy Chicken Penne
- Fajita Kits – Freezer Meals
- Orange Chicken
- Chicken & Bacon Chowder – Keto / Low Carb Freezer Meal