New Year! It’s time for a new homecooked meal strategy (or implementing one I know has worked for us in the past!). One of the ways I like to stay on track with family meals, instead of eating out or making completely unhealthy choices, is by preparing Freezer Meals. By creating a monthly freezer meal workshop, we are not prepping EVERY meal for the month, but we are starting a prepped meal stock in our freezer. We invite you to join in and prep along with us or do it at a later date.
Tune in live on January 26th at 1 pm Atlantic, on my Facebook page for our first Free Monthly Freezer Meal Workshop!
We will be making the following recipes: (I am making double recipes = 16+ meals)
- Peachy Balsamic Chicken
- BBQ Applesauce Chicken
- Chicken In A Hurry
- Sesame Chicken
- Taco Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Steak
- Simple Goulash
- Easy Chili
Below you will find the ingredients for each recipe. They are all to feed 4 (if you have young children you will get 6 servings).
If you have the ingredients prepped, you can join me live and assemble them for your freezer while I show you live and share some tips.
* To prep, remember to label your freezer bags with the Recipe Name and Cooking Instructions.
* Have all items chopped, sliced or diced ahead.
* Use an empty mixing bowl to place your bag in before filling. Helps hold bag in place and catches spills.
Most of the meals are the meat portion of the meal and you will have to serve with veggies and or rice. You can cook the rice ahead and freeze in ½ or 1 cup portions as well and just thaw what you need.
TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR YOUR ASSEMBLY DAY!
NEXT MONTH: In February we will prep all meals to freeze ahead to cook in the oven.
ie. casseroles and single-serving meals.
DUMP FREEZER RECIPES:
All of these recipes are to prepare ahead in freezer bags to cook in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot later. Each recipe serves 4 people and I will be doubling them, to make 2 meals of each recipe.
Peachy Balsamic Chicken
Label Freezer Bag: Peachy Balsamic Chicken, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 25 min Instant Pot.
Serve over rice/quinoa with a side of veggies.
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 cup chicken broth (1/2 cup if using canned peaches)
* 3 ripe fresh peaches, sliced OR 1 tin Peaches in water (include liquid)
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
BBQ Applesauce Chicken
Label Freezer Bag: BBQ Applesauce Chicken, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 25 min Instant Pot.
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2/3 cup applesauce
* 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
* 2 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
Chicken in a Hurry
Label Freezer Bag: Chicken In A Hurry, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 25 min Instant Pot.
* 4 Chicken Breast or 6 Thighs
* 1pkg Onion Soup Mix
* 1/2 cup Ketchup
* 1/2 cup Water
* 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Label Freezer Bag: Sesame Chicken, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 25 min Instant Pot.
Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
* 4 Chicken Breast
* 1 cup Soy Sauce
* 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
* 3/4 tsp ground Ginger
* 2 tsp Sesame Oil (optional)
* 2 Tbsp Ketchup
* 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
* 3 cloves Garlic, minced
– If cooking in an Instant Pot, add ½ cup of water.
Label Freezer Bag: Taco Chicken, Date, 6 hours in slow cooker on low or 30 min in instant Pot. Shred chicken to serve. Serve in taco shells with sour cream, grated cheese and any other topping you would like.
* 4 Chicken Breasts
* 1 ½ cups Salsa
* 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
* ½ cup Water
Sweet & Sour Steak
Label Freezer Bag: Sweet & Sour Steak, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 25 min Instant Pot.
* 1 1/2 lbs Beef (any cut will work) chunks
* 1 can Tomatoes, diced
* 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
* 1/4 Cup Vinegar
* 1 Red Pepper (cut in chunks)
* 1 Red Pepper (cut in chunks)
* 1 Onion (cut in chunks)
* 1 Carrot, sliced thinly
SOME PRE COOKING:
These recipes require some cooking/prep before freezing.
Label Freezer Bag: Simple Goulash, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 25 min Instant Pot.
* 1 pound ground beef (browned and drained)
* 1 yellow onion (chopped)
* 1 cloves garlic (minced)
* 1 can diced tomatoes (or 2 Roma tomatoes diced)
* 1 15- oz. cans tomato sauce
* 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
* 3 cups water
* 1- 340 g box elbow macaroni
Label Freezer Bag: Easy Chili, Date, 6-8 hours in a slow cooker on low or 30 min Instant Pot. Add can of Kidney Beans for last ½ hour in Slow Cooker or add and put in with freezer bag ingredients in Instant Pot. *Add ½ cup water in Instant Pot.
* 1lb Ground Beef (browned and drained)
* 1 small onion diced
* 1 can diced tomatoes
* 1 can tomato sauce
* 1 can kidney beans
* 1 can corn
* 2 tsp chili powder (more if you like)
* 1 tsp smoked paprika (regular paprika works as well)
* 1-2 tsp sugar (to taste)
PRINTABLE SHOPPING LIST HERE
Here is the live meal assembly from January 26th, 2020.
Be sure to let me know what you think and if you are excited to do this each month!!
You may also like these Freezer Breakfast Options