Last month we started a Monthly Freezer Meals Workshop, offered here for Free. Recipes, Shopping List and Live Video (on our Facebook page) One of the ways I like to stay on track with family meals, instead of eating out or making completely unhealthy choices, is by preparing Freezer Meals. By creating a monthly freezer meal workshop, we are not prepping EVERY meal for the month, but we are starting a prepped meal stock in our freezer. We invite you to join in and prep along with us or do it at a later date.
Tune in live on February 29th at 9 pm Atlantic, on my Facebook page for our February Monthly Freezer Meal Workshop!
We will be making the following recipes:
- Easy Mac n Cheese
- Enchilada Bake
- BBQ Bacon Meat Loaf
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Chicken & Veggies Bake
Below you will find the ingredients for each recipe. They are all to feed 4 (if you have young children you will get 6 servings).
If you have the ingredients prepped, you can join me live and assemble them for your freezer while I assemble mine and share some tips.
* To prep, remember to label your tin trays (with lids) with the Recipe Name and Cooking Instructions.
* Have all items chopped, sliced or diced ahead.
* Use an empty mixing bowl to place your bag in before filling. Helps hold bag in place and catches spills.
This month's meals will require tin baking pans (you can get them at the dollar store). Buy the size you wish to freeze, single, double or multiple serving. Each recipe will make approximately 4 servings.
TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR YOUR ASSEMBLY DAY!
NEXT MONTH: In March we will prep all Breakfast Options to freeze ahead.
FEBRUARY FREEZER RECIPES:
Each recipe serves 4 people.
Label Freezer Container: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking. Bake casserole (covered with tin foil) at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- 2 - 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Optional garnish once cooked: sour cream sliced green onion, sliced olives, diced avocado or guacamole
BBQ Bacon Meatloaf
Label Freezer Container: Bake meatloaf loosely covered at 350 F for 40-45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Meat
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce
- 4 strips Bacon
Chicken & Veggie Bake
Label Freezer Container: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the cover and bake in at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken pieces thighs, breasts, and/or drumsticks (approx. 8 drumsticks)
- 1 lb Baby Red Potatoes (cut in half)
- ½ pound Carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 Onion chopped, chunks
- 2 cups fresh veggies (OPTIONAL: Green Beans/Broccoli/ Peppers/Brussel Sprouts)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
SOME PRE COOKING:
These recipes require some cooking/prep before freezing.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Label Freezer Bag: To bake, thaw in the fridge then bake at 375° for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- 8 Russet Potatoes (washed and baked as per below)
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 ½ cups Cheese, grated (Cheddar or your favourite)
- 1 tsp Salt
Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour. Let cool and scoop the potato out of the skins.
Have all potatoes scooped out and ready in a bowl to mix up. Skins can be lined up on a baking sheet for assembly.
Easy Mac n Cheese
Label Freezer Container: Thaw overnight then Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- 1 box Macaroni
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, cubed or grated
- 1 can Cr. Mushroom Soup
- ¼ Onion, diced
Cook macaroni as per instructions on the box, before assembling the casserole.
Be sure to let me know what you think and if you are excited to do this each month!!