Here is this week's $25 weekly meal plan.
Remember, even if you do not have the stores mentioned, or the current sales highlighted, these menus are to give you ideas on how to create frugal and healthy options with what you can get locally.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on when I have time.
- Pasta & Sauce with Garlic Toast
- Veggie Egg Roll In A Bowl ( or recipe below)
- Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken & Rice
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Casserole
- 4 lbs Chicken Legs backs attached $1/lb = $4 (No Frills)
- Italpasta 2/$1 (No Frills)
- Ragu Sauce $1 (No Frills)
- D'Italiano Bread $2 (GIant Tiger)
- Lactancia Flavoured Butter $1.99 (option for Garlic Toast)
- 2 X Coleslaw Mix $1each = $2 (No Frills)
- 2X Mushrooms $1 each = $2 (No Frills)
- Fajita Kit (Tia Rosa) $2.99 - $3 (Checkout 51)=FREE (IGA/Coop)
- Sour Cream $1 (No Frills)
- Caesar Salad Dressing $1 (No Frills) or 2/$4 (larger, Walmart)
- Parmesan Cheese $7.27 (Walmart)
TOTAL SPENT: $23.26
- Balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- butter (option in shopping list above)
- bread (included in shopping list above)
Vegetable Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 2 bags Coleslaw Mix (or a small cabbage & 1 carrot grated)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- You can add other veggies grated or chopped fine or ground meat if you choose to add meat.
Stir fry all ingredients in a skillet or wok and sprinkle with salt if desired. You can garnish with sesame seeds or cashews as well.
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss these each week!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.