Having a variety of meals prepped in the freezer is a fabulous way to save time and avoid stress during busy week nights. Heading into the summer, I also enjoy having meals prepped to just pull out and have ready. Less hassle and much cooler to prepare in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Chicken Fajitas are a family favourite and so easy to prep ahead. We often have all the extra ingredients on hand to make these up. in addition to the ingredients to make up the freezer meals you will need tortillas, sour cream, salsa, or any other toppings you enjoy.
Here is a video with this recipe as well as a Cheesy Chicken Penne and Twice Baked Enchilada Sweet Potatoes.
Chicken Fajita Kits
* 4 Chicken Breasts (cut in strips)
* 1 Large Onion
* 2-3 Sweet Peppers
* 2 packets of fajita seasoning
* 1 cup Chicken Broth
1. Divide the chicken strips into 2 large freezer bags.
2. Chop Onions and Peppers into strips and place 1/2 in each bag.
3. Top with seasoning and 1/2 cup broth in each bag.
4. These can be frozen for up to 3 months.
5. To prepare: place frozen in a slow cooker for 5-7 hours on low, serve on tortillas with salsa, sour cream, or your favourite toppings.