This recipe is so Easy, FAST and Frugal! My 3 favourite words.
- 1 bar Sunlight Soap (more if desired, 1 is good for HE machines)
- 2 Cups Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (NOT Baking Soda)
- 2 Cups Borax
- 1 container of OxiClean
- Container with lid to hold 8 cups +
- large bowl or bucket
- large spoon to mix
1. Grate the bar of soap (or use food processor). Place in bowl or bucket.
2. ADD Washing Soda, Borax and OxiClean.
3. Mix well and pour into container to store.
Use 1 Tbsp per load. This recipe will yield approx. 125 loads of laundry.
TOTAL COST 125 loads: $5.42
Works out to $0.04 per load!
- Arm & Hammer 140 load = $13.97 = $0.10/ld ($26 for 260 ld/ per year)
- Tide 96 loads = $19.94 =$0.21/ld ($54 for 260 ld/ per year)
If you choose make this without the OxiClean, it works out to only $0.02 per load. I prefer the OxiClean as I usually add it to my laundry anyway.
Some recipes also include Downy UNstopables or other scent boosters. This is completely up to you.
** TIP: Add Vinegar to your rinse cycle for softer laundry.
If you give this a try, be sure to share your thoughts. I am also making a batch of liquid detergent and will let you know how that works out too.
Enjoy and Happy Saving!
~ Ruth Ann