DIY Dishwasher Detergent
Just finished whipping up 24 Dishwasher Tabs or Scoops in my case with this awesome and simple DIY Dishwasher Detergent recipe.
With some left over Washing Soda from making my laundry detergent and figured I would try the dishwasher Tabs.
These are so easy and quick to make. I used a scoop to make mine, but you can use a couple ice cube trays as well, if you prefer the blocks.
They dry withing 24 hours and you can store in a container with tight fitting lid.
▪︎ 1 cup borax powder
▪︎ 1 cup washing soda(not baking soda)
▪︎ 1/4 cup lemon juice Two ice cube trays.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix well since this will be separated into cubes or scoops.
- Then add the lemon juice this will fizz up a bit, stir to combine.
- Put into your ice cube trays and evenly distribute over ice cube trays.
- Press down and let sit to dry for 24 hours.
Here is the cost break down for me.
▪︎ Borax was on sale. $4.99 for borax 2kg which is 8.45 cups = $0.59 per cup
▪︎ Washing Soda was $5.79 for 3kg which is 12.68 cups = $0.46 per cup
▪︎ Lemon Juice was $1.99 for 945 ml which is (approx 4 cups) = $0.12 for 1/4 cup
So 24 of my DIY dishwasher tabs cost $1.17 and a little bit of time.