Homemade Gifts: Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are an awesome gift idea for all ages. We make ours without dyes, but you could certainly add them for added fun.
We filled a few Mason jars with smaller bath bombs for gift giving this year. Here’s how to make them.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Glass bowl
- Smaller glass bowl or glass measuring cup
- measuring cups
- Moulds (ice cube trays and muffin tins work just fine)
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1/ 3 cup Epsom salt
- 2 tablespoon organic vegetable oil
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oils
- ¾ tablespoon water
- In larger bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix with a whisk to combine.
- In small bowl add wet ingredients.
- Slowly add wet to dry as you continue to whisk together.
- You want to add slowly to avoid fuzziness and activating the bath bomb.
- Test mixture for texture. You want it to hold shape when you squeeze it in your hand. You can slowly add a little more water or use a spray bottle. Be sure not to add too much water.
- Press mixture into molds and let dry for 24 hours. Remove from molds and place in air tight container.
More gift giving ideas: