Cranberry Pork Roast
Batch cooking and freezer meals are my favourite meal prep strategies.
Over the years I have tried many meals that you prepare ahead and freeze, some you prep partially and mix together when cooking and others you simply combine ingredients in a freezer bag and dump into a slow cooker for an easy flavorful meal.
I have shared a few Chicken Freezer Meal recipes before, but this one is a simple dump Pork meal.
- 2 1/2 pound bone-in pork shoulder (or pork tenderloin)
- 15oz can whole berry cranberry sauce (or 1 1/2 to 2 cups homemade cranberry sauce)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp orange zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Remove any bones and shred meat.
- Serve on buns, with tortillas, or with a salad or other side.
**Freezer Meal: Combine all ingredients in freezer bag and freeze. When ready to cook, dump into slow cooker and cook 8 hours on low.