Chicken Salad Lettuce Wrap with Ginger Peanut Carrots
I love using lettuce as my wrap or bun when making wraps or burgers. As I was searching for new salad recipes I came across a recipe for Peanut Ginger Carrot Slaw, which was my inspiration for creating this wrap recipe.
If you like peanuts and ginger, you will love the flavour in this healthy wrap!
When I come home from the grocery store with chicken, I usually bake it all with a little seasoning, cool it and freeze for later use. This recipe calls for cooked chicken. You could also use rotisserie chicken if you don't have time to cook your own.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and diced or shredded
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 bag Carrots, matchstick cut (approx. 2.5 cups)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp ground Ginger, or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Ginger
- 6-8 portions, Romaine Lettuce or any other Leaf lettuce you wish to use as a wrap.
- Chopped nuts (peanuts or pecans) to garnish
- In a skillet, heat 2 tsp Coconut Oil and then add carrots to sautée.
- Add 2 Tbsp water to carrots, cooking for about 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, 1 tsp Garlic Powder and 2 tsp ground ginger or 1 Tbsp chopped Fresh Ginger. Add to carrots in a skillet and stir to combine. Turn off heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- In larger bowl, combine diced/ shredded chicken and carrot mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce, sprinkle with chopped nuts and wrap to serve.
I love the weeks I take the time to meal plan and prep. This meal is one I work into my meal plan rotation.
If you need some more tips on meal planning, check out this article.