Chicken & Bacon Chowder – Keto / Low Carb Freezer Meal
Prepping meals, especially freezer meals, keeps me on track with eating home-cooked meals and meals that fit our lifestyle. No running to the frozen food at the grocery store to pick up a pizza, or grabbing fast food.
This recipe is a slow cooker recipe, it could be done in the instant pot for 15 min if you forgot to take it out of the freezer, but I prefer it in the slow cooker. Stir is well to combine if doing in an instant pot.
In this video, I prepped this recipe for Chicken & Bacon Chowder, as well as an easy taco bake.
Chicken & Bacon Chowder - Keto / Low Carb
This chowder can be prepped as a freezer meal. Prep ahead and have on hand to pop in the slow cooker for an easy meal.
- 2-4 Chicken Breast cubed
- 12 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Leek chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 oz block Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients (except Chicken Broth and Bacon) in a freezer bag. Place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Remove from freezer and thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Add contents of the bag in the slow cooker and add Chicken Broth and Bacon.
- Cook in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours.