This week's $25 Meal Plan is built around a Turkey. These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as "real food" and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Our Family's meal plan for the week will be posted shortly, including our breakfast and lunch options. Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss them!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.
SHOPPING WITH RUTH ANN - WHAT CAN I BUY FOR $25 TODAY?
- Turkey Dinner (Cooked in this roaster BEST $40 purchase this past year!)
- Left Over Turkey Stew
- Left Over Turkey & Potato Cakes
- Turkey Poutine & Homemade Baked Fries
- Turkey Nachos
- Turkey Soup & Biscuits (I always make soup with the bones and veggies, etc)
- Turkey $18 + 5,000 PC Plus Points (Superstore)
- Potatoes 10lb $2 (Coop/IGA)
- Carrots 3lb $2.49-50% = $1.25 (Superstore)
- Tortilla Chips $1.99 (Superstore)
- Sour Cream $0.99 (Superstore)
Total Spent: $24.23 + 5,000 PC Plus Points earned
Products I Already Have On Hand:
- Herbs (garden)
- Mozzerella Cheese (from a previous week's sale)
- Chicken Broth (frozen from previous meal, I always make broth from bones)
Check out other meals plans for only $25 or less!