Everything has a season and time of year for clearance and restocking. Here are the things to watch for deals on in January!
- Christmas Decor, Wrapping, Cards, etc: I know this one is pretty obvious, most store are clearing out and put on deep discounts for seasonal items.
- Sports & Fitness: Not just the equipment in store, also watch for deals on gym memberships, nutrition programs and any other health and fitness type services. Many people are making resolutions regarding their health and the businesses usually offer deals to sway you in their direction.
- Winter Clothing: Most stores will start stocking shelves with the latest Spring fashions, and mark down and clear out the Winter gear. Watch for great sales on Snow suits and accessories (hats, gloves, scarves, etc).
- Bedding and Linens: Linens often go on sale in January as department stores host White Sales.
- Food: Produce to watch for at better prices this month tend to be the following -- celery, avocado, persimmon, cabbage, leaks, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, brussell sprouts, carrots and onions.
- Furniture: Many furniture manufacturers release their new lines in February. January is the perfect time to watch for clearance in furniture stores as they clear floor space for new arrivals.
- Fine Jewelry: The timeframe between Christmas and the end of January (before Valentine's Day) can be slower for jewelry sales. You can often find fabulous deals on high quality jewelry this time of year.
Each month this year I will be sharing what to watch for in deals and sales. This is a great way to plan ahead for next year, especially for the larger purchases.
Happy Deal Hunting!