Our Best Blueberry Muffins
I love blueberries and that means I make lots of recipes with them. Muffins are a go to breakfast option in our house, so of course I have a blueberry muffin recipe to share.
Take note of the tips at the bottom of the page if using frozen berries and how to get berries distributed throughout the entire muffin.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries*
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease 12 -18 muffin tin cups.
- In bowl, cream margarine and sugar to combine and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Then mix in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- With a spoon, fold in blueberries just to distribute through batter.
- Spoon into muffin cups** and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
OR if you can do as pictured above where I placed batter in cups to 1/3 full, topped with berries and poured remaining batter on top.
* If using frozen berries, coat in a fine layer of Flour before adding to batter.
**I like to fold in half the berries, then when putting batter in muffin tins, half fill, put some berries in and top with remaining batter. This ensures you have some yummy berries throughout your muffin.