Did you know we have a beach, right here in New Brunswick, that has black sand? Black Beach is located minutes outside of Saint John, in Lorneville.
When travelling from Saint John to St Martin's on Route 111, why not venture along the coast via Route 825 and visit a few beaches along the way? McLeod's Beach is the first of 3 beaches you will come across.
There is no parking, so we pulled off along the side of the road, there are a few spots with a little shoulder. When the tide is out,
As you can tell, based on our previous beach adventures, we have been visiting some beaches on some windy and cooler days. To be fair, often it is much warmer and even sunny inland, but when you head towards the Fundy Coast, you never know what's in store. When heading out on any road trip, and especially a beach trip, always dress in layers and pack a sweatshirt!
We are enjoying our summer and setting out each week, or so to #discoverNBbeaches to share with you. We hope you are enjoying this series, and would love any suggestions on beaches to visit!
A recent outing, on a cool and breezy Spring day, led us to explore Gardner Creek Beach on route 825, NB. It is located along the Fundy coast between Saint John and St. Martin's, about 1.5 hours drive from Moncton, 30 minutes from Saint John, and about 15 minutes from St. Martin's.
In 2017, we ( the boys and I) spent our summer in Quispamsis, caring for my mom after her stroke. Exploring beaches was one of the things we did to get away from the hospital and get the boys outside. We went to the Irving Nature Park a few times over the summer, and here are some of our photos and the details on the park.
Discover NB Beaches - Herring Cove Beach
Herring Cove Beach is another Fundy National Park beach that we visit yearly. Over the years it has remained a popular beach with access from two trails.
One of my favourite spots in Fundy National Park is Point Wolf Beach.
Just before crossing the Point Wolf covered bridge, be sure to stop at the Red Chairs and enjoy the view.
FUN FACT: There are about 60 covered bridges in New Brunswick. This one was built in 1992 and is 29m long.
Discover NB Beaches - Tuft's Point & Long BeachThe Fundy Trail Pathway extended their car route further along the Fundy coastline to Tuft's Point (an now, 2018, beyond to Walten Glen Gorge). You enter the park after passing through St. Martin's NB, and you can read more about the park itself, here in our day tripping feature. The Fundy Trail Parkway is a park that has an entry fee (See rates here)
When it comes to family travel, I truly believe in exploring where we are from. We love day trips, weekend adventures and to explore Atlantic Canada.
We are sharing mainly our weekend wanderings, day trips within 2-3 hours of Moncton, NB (where we are from), and some longer adventures we have had in Atlantic Canada.
Any other travel will be shared in the appropriate categories.
- Winter Road Trip Check List (plus free download)
- Summer Road trip Check List (plus free download)
- Packing for a Day At The Beach
- Travel Tuesday - Just Take It Easy
- Travel Tuesday - Protecting Electronics In Winter
- Travel Tuesday - An Organized Car
- Travel Tuesday - Get Your FREE Canadian Travel Guides
- Travel Tuesday - What To Pack In Your Beach Bag
Day Tripping In NB
- Daytripping In NB With Kids
- Hopewell Rocks (Hopewell Cape, NB)
- Fundy Trail Parkway (Salmon River /St. Martin's, NB)
- Fort Beausejour (Aulac, NB)
- Cape Jourimain Nature Center (Cape Jourimain, NB at the start of Confederation Bridge)
- Kingsbrae Gardens(St. Andrew's, NB)
- Huntsman Marine(St. Andrew's, NB)
Discover NB Beaches
- Tuft's Point and Long Beach (Fundy Trail)
- Point Wolf Beach (Fundy National Park)
- Herring Cove Beach (Fundy National Park)
- Irving Nature Park (Saint John, NB)
- Gardner Creek Beach (Gardner Creek, NB)
- Reeds Beach (Gardner Creek, NB)
- Black Beach (Lorneville, NB)
Day tripping in NS
- Maritime Museum Of the Atlantic (Halifax, NS)
- The Discovery Centre (Halifax, NS)
- Joggins Fossil Cliffs (Joggins, NS)
- April Getaway - Halifax, NS
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- Jack Frost Children's Winterfest - Charlottetown, PEI
Where have you been lately, and what have you learned in your own back yard?
Are you looking for ways to promote your business in Atlantic Canada?
We would love to help you out. If we can plan a trip to include your accomodations, restaurant, experience, or adventure, we would love to work with you. Our readers are loving our local Maritime content, and we are having a blast supporting local businesses!!
Please contact Ruth Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for rates and promo ideas.
Puppy Diaries - Meet Bo, Our New Addition
This series is sponsored by the Maritime Animal Hospital.
So, Bo has been living with us now for 6 weeks. He has had 3 homes in his short 14 week life, it's not what you think, I will explain as we tell his story. He is a Husky mix, rescue puppy and a very awesome addition to my already busy family life.