Planning a summer road trip is a fun and exciting way to explore new places and create unforgettable memories. To make the most out of your adventures without any unexpected setbacks, here are a few tips to consider when planning your summer road trip:
1. Plan your route carefully: Before starting your trip, plan your route carefully and consider the length of the trip, the number of stops you want to make, and allow for spontaneous unexpected detours. Plan the routes to avoid congested cities and find scenic and interesting places to stop. You can use road trip planner tools like Google Maps or Mapquest to plan your route.
2. Check your vehicle: If you are renting, choose a vehicle that is spacious, comfortable, and fuel-efficient. Get your personal vehicle serviced before you hit the road. Be sure tires are inflated properly, wipers are in good shape and oil has been changed recently.
3. Book your accommodations in advance: Book your accommodations in advance to ensure you have a comfortable place to stay along your route, and avoid any potential disappointment in finding a place to stay at the last minute. You can use online accommodation booking platforms like Airbnb, Trivago, or Expedia to search and book accommodations.
4. Create a packing list: Create a packing list to ensure you have everything you need for the trip. Include essential items such as clothing, toiletries, food and drinks, camping equipment, and any other necessary items like medicines, chargers, maps, etc. We have a great checklist here, that you can print and add to.
5. Get travel insurance: Purchase travel insurance to cover unexpected accidents, medical emergencies, and other unforeseen situations that may arise during your trip. Travel insurance ensures you will not be stuck if travelling in another province or Country.
6. Budget properly: Consider all your expenses while planning the trip including fuel, food, accommodation and activities. Plan to spend extra money on roadside attractions, hotel add ons, parking and other unique activities that you might find during your road trip.
We have a great article on how to save on gas. Let us know if these tips are helpful!
7. Stay flexible: Remember to be flexible with your plans. Allow for some unexpected detours and changes to your route as you go, take some time to explore places you have never been before.
If you are exploring New Brunswick, check out some of these family experiences and destinations.
By following these tips, you can plan an enjoyable, stress-free, and memorable summer road trip.