Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Our Family’s meal plan for the week will be posted shortly for the next flyer cycle, including our breakfast and lunch options. Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss them!
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.
SHOPPING WITH RUTH ANN – WHAT CAN I BUY FOR $25 TODAY?
There are 4 meals this week, but you could still add another Pork Chop meal and keep it under $25.
- Pork Chops, Potatoes & Carrots
- Egg Roll In A Bowl (Recipe Below)
- Twice Baked Taco Potatoes
- Egg & Bacon Sandwiches (on english muffins)
What & Where To Buy
- Pork loin chop combo $0.99/lb (Thurs/Fri/Sat @ Superstore)
- Sour Cream $2.99 (Superstore)
- Eggs $2.49 (Superstore) (Shopper’s is likely cheaper on the weekend)
- Bacon $1.99 (Giant Tiger)
- Coleslaw mix $1 (Sobeys)
- 1.5 lb Extra lean Ground Beef $4/lb (Sobeys)=$6
- Russet Potatoes 5lb $1 (No Frills)
- English Muffins $1 (No Frills)
- Can of corn $1 (No Frills or Giant Tiger)
Total: $17.50 plus the pack of Pork (@ $0.99/lb)
WHAT I HAVE ON HAND:
- Taco Seasoning
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
Eggroll In A Bowl
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef/Pork or Sausage
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger, powdered
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 pkg Coleslaw
1. Brown meat in fry pan with sesame oil. Sprinkle with Ginger and add Soy Sauce to pan.
2. Add package of Coleslaw and stir to combine. Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes, until cabbage mix is softened.