Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss these weekly posts !
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.
SHOPPING WITH RUTH ANN
- 10lb Potatoes $2 (Superstore)
- Pork Loin Chops $1/lb (Thurs/Fri/Sat @ Superstore) ~$3.50
- Cream Mushroom Soup $0.50 (Superstore)
- Tomato Soup $0.50 (Superstore)
- 3lb Carrots $1.99 (Superstore)
- Chicken Drumsticks $1.99/lb (Superstore) (8-10 drumsticks) ~ $5.50
- Wonder Hamburger Buns $2.50 (Superstore)
- Lean Ground Beef $3.99/lb (Superstore) buy 2 lbs ~ $8 (Cheaper at No Frills $2.88.lb)
TOTAL : $24.49
- Creamy Pork Chops & Potatoes (Porkchops cooked in Cr. Mushroom Soup)
- Carrot Salad & BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Rice & Honey Garlic Meat Balls
- Potato Wedges & Hamburgers
- Potato Soup & Biscuits
Items I have on hand:
- bbq sauce
- soy sauce
- ingredients for biscuits
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.