Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan. We are sharing ideas for meals that cost approximately $5 each, in these meal plans. Some week’s I get them under $25, like this one foe $22.80, and some weeks are a few dollars over. It is a great guideline and idea starter for your meal planning efforts!
This Week’s Menu includes Roast Chicken Dinner, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin & Broccoli Salad, Chicken Soup & Biscuits and Chicken Fajitas !
The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to feed a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week…you can customize as you wish. You can do it!
This $25 meal plan offers suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” or “from scratch” and unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will share some of those from time to time in a seperate post.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the “Sunday Night Live” series. I share recipes and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live!
- Roast Chicken DInner with Mini Potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin and Broccoli Salad
- Spaghetti & Meatballs (or meat sauce, brown ground beef and add pasta sauce and seasoning)
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken & Veggie Soup with Buttery Biscuits
- Whole Chicken $1.88/lb ~ 4 lb (Atlantic Superstore)
- Ground Beef $2.49/lb ~ 1lb (Atlantic Superstore)
- Bacon $2.49 (Atlantic Superstore)
- Pork Loin $1.44/lb ~ 2lb (Walmart)
- 4 pk Peppers $1.98 (Giant Tiger)
- Broccoli $1.48 (Giant Tiger)
- 5lb Mini Potatos $1.98 (Giant Tiger)
- Hunt’s Pasta Sauce $0.99 (IGA Coop)
- Catelli Pasta $0.99 (IGA Coop)
TOTAL SPENT: $ 22.80
- sour cream
- seasonings (homemade fajita mix)
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!