Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan. The plan includes Creamy Crockpot Mexican Chicken, Naan Bread Pizzas, Greek Pasta and Spaghetti. Family friendly frugal meals on a budget each week based on sales in Atlantic Canada.
The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to feed a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week…customize as you wish. You can do it!
This $25 meal plan offers suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” or “from scratch” and unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans,, simply suggestions for meals on a budget.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the “In The Kitchen” series. I share recipes, meal prep, freezer meals and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live!
- Creamy Crockpot Mexican Chicken (makes enough for 2 meals +) and Rice
- Naan Bread Pizzas – Naan Bread Recipe – add toppings you ahve on hand
- Greek Pasta or Quinoa Salad
- Spaghetti with Garlic Toast – butter bread and sprinkle with garlic powder (or mix butter and fresh minced garlic) then broil in oven to make toast.
- Leftovers: Mexican Chicken and there will also be left over greek pasta (usually)
- Spaghetti Pasta $0.67
- Pasta Sauce $0.99
- Pasta (for greek salad) $0.67
- English cucumbers $0.97
- tomato $1.50
- bread $1.74
- olives $0.97
- 2.5lbs BL SL Chicken Breast $2.99/lb = $7.48 (4kg box at Sobeys) or $11 pk Walmart
- Cream Cheese $2.89
- 2 X Black Beans $0.88 = $1.76
- Can Corn $0.87
- Deli Meat (sub pack for pizza if desired) = $2.50
TOTAL SPENT: $23.01
- feta (Foodland $4.99) we have it on hand, large tub from Costco
- tomato sauce (will use in place of tomato juice in Mexican rice recipe)
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!