The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to feed a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week…customize as you wish. You can do it!
This $25 meal plan offers suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” or “from scratch” and unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans,, simply suggestions for meals on a budget.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the “In The Kitchen” series. I share recipes, meal prep, freezer meals and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live! For ideas of Breakfast options, you can see more here, and prepping lunch ideas, here. (More lunch prep posts coming)
- Carrot Soup
- Roasted Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan meal – cut 2 chicken breast in half = 4 pieces, place on baking sheet with cubed potatoes, carrots, onion and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle seasoning (our favourite is Greek seasoning) bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Turn veggies and chicken part way through cook time.
- Lasagna Bake (enough for 2 meals) – Using other noodles and creating a mixed casserole gives the same flavours for less money. Lasagna noodles are always more expensive, so let’s make it with Penne or Rotini. (Recipe at bottom of post)
- Tacos – 1lb Ground beef, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Pasta $0.99
- Pasta Sauce $0.99
- Cottage Cheese $2.49
- Sour Cream $2.49 (use ~ 1/2) = $1.25
- 1 lb Chicken $3.99
- Carrots $1.67
- Orange Juice $2.50 (only using 1/2 cup) = less than $1
- 2 lbs Ground Beef (~$5.54) $2.77/lb
- Mozzerella Cheese $3.97
- Taco Kit $2.87
- Potatoes 10lb $2.99 (only using about 1.5lbs = $0.45)
TOTAL SPENT: $25.21 (some ingredients you will not use all, and can be used in future weeks, ie. Cheese, carrots, etc)
- 2 Cups Pasta (Rotini, Macaroni or Penne)
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1-1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzerella Cheese
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- In frying pan, cook onions until starting to soften, add ground beef and brown.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, pasta sauce, ground beef mixture and cottage cheese. Stir to combine.
- Place pasta mixture in large casserole dish and top with mozzerella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered (with tinfoil) for 20 minutes, remove cover and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!