The whole idea in sharing these plans is to inspire you to find lower-cost options and plan ahead to save time and money. If you have specific dietary needs, you can alter some recipes or create your own plans. This is for inspiration, to prove it is possible to feed a family of 4 for supper meals on $25/week…customize as you wish. You can do it!
This $25 meal plan offers suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs while keeping meals as “real food” or “from scratch” and unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, simply suggestions for meals on a budget. By providing 4-5 meal options for the week, there are usually leftovers what will cover the other days.
Another great resource of meal planning and ideas is found on our Facebook Page under Videos. Check out the “In The Kitchen” series. I share recipes, meal prep, freezer meals and kitchen tips each week Live. If you follow the page, you will see a notification pop up when we are live! For ideas of Breakfast options, you can see more here, and prepping lunch ideas, here. (More lunch prep posts coming)
- Roasted Chicken & Veggies (sheet pan chicken and veggies make a super easy meal. Use what you have on hand, broccoli, potatoes, peppers, beans, cauliflower, onions, carrots, brussel sprouts, etc)
- Beefy Quesadillas (recipe here)
- Chicken Cesar Salad
- Pizza Pockets (Using ground beef, cheese and pasta sauce, dough from scratch)
- Chicken Soup and Biscuits (Make bone broth and add potatoes or pasta, barley or veggies, seasonings, and 1 cup shredded chicken)
- Romaine Hearts (2) $2.66
- 3 lbs Chicken $2.99/lb ~ $9
- 1.5 lb Ground Beef $4.49
- Tortillas $1.99
- Cheese $3.99 (1/2 block) = $2
- Peppers $3.99
TOTAL SPENT: $24.13
- Taco Seasoning ($1.50)
- pasta sauce (I stock up when it is $0.99)
- baking powder
- butter ($2.99)
For breakfast ideas, check here.
I also have a Pinterest Board for my $25 Meal Plans set up HERE. This includes previous meal plans and some recipe links.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in-store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!