Here is this week’s $25 weekly meal plan.
These meal plans are suggestions for anyone trying to really cut costs, while keeping meals as “real food” and as unprocessed as possible. These are not my personal weekly meal plans, I will be sharing these in a separate post from now on.
Please comment, offer suggestions, ask questions and share recipes. This feature is to help people see it IS possible to eat well on a tight budget.
This weekly feature will have at least one meal plan for 4 to 5 supper meals that will feed a family of 4. Some weeks I will show 2 meal plans, but I may not be able to do that every week based on flyer sales.
Most of the items purchased will be flyer or in store sales, and I will try to incorporate coupons, cash back and points offers when I can.
Be sure to let me know if you are enjoying this weekly feature by commenting on the blog below. Your feedback is the best way to let me know I should keep doing something!
Keep an eye on the blog, or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss these weekly posts !
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an entire grocery order, and we do eat much more in the way of protein and veggies throughout the day/week. This feature is simple to show you what can be done with $25 and trying to keep it to real food, from scratch cooking.
SHOPPING WITH RUTH ANN
- about 2.5 lb Chicken $3.44/lb (Supertore) = $8.60
- Carrots 3lb $1.47 (Walmart)
- Onions 3lb $1.47 (Walmart)
- 3 lb Pork Chops $1.29/lb (Superstore) $3.87
- Tomato Soup $ 0.50 (IGA Coop)
- Cheese Block $3.77 (Giant Tiger)
- 2X Bread $2 (Sobey’s) = $4
- Cream Cheese $1.99 (Superstore)
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken & Pasta by The Magical Slow Cooker
- Chicken Fried Rice by Rachel Schultz
- French Toast Cinnamon Logs (may want to double!)
- Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
- BBQ Pork Chops & Potatoes
The menu above offers a little variety and I find the French Toast Logs are a treat as a supper meal. Be creative and have fun when planning your meals. Some meals may provide left overs that can be used for lunches or supper meals later in the week.
Items I have on hand:
- Soy Sauce
- Frozen Peas (optional in pasta dish)
- BBQ Sauce
- Strawberry Jam
- 2 eggs