- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer's markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
I usually use this format to plan.
Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
Supper Time Planned Meals: February 5 to February 11
- Salmon and Hassleback Potatoes
- Salsa Chicken with Roasted Veggies
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Hamburgers & Veggie Sticks
- Pizza & Garlic Fingers (Sunday, Super Bowl)
- Homemade Chinese Food
Our lunches (hubby & I) are usually salad or wrap with some kind of protein (Chicken, Tuna, Egg, etc), or leftovers from supper.
School lunches are usually NOT sandwiches, as my oldest does not like them. So I get creative with what we have on hand. Meat chunks, grape tomatoes, cheese cubes, cut up veggies, etc...
We have options ready and available.
- Breakfast Burritos (In freezer, wI'll be making more next week)
- Banana Muffins (in freezer)
- Boiled Eggs
- Overnight Oatmeal
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- apples (with peanut butter)
- Sliced peppers, celery & carrots
- cereal bars / granola bars (kids)
- crackers & cheese
- boiled eggs
This week I didn't purchase much. Most of our meals were planned around what I had on hand in the freezer and pantry. We did buy store made thin crust pizza and garlic fingers for Super Bowl Sunday. Other than that, we had everything on hand for all the meals this week. I still bought milk and some bread at the bakery. Also Eggs at Shoppers.
- Eggs $1.88 x2 dozen
- 4 L Milk $3.41/2L
- Sugar free Bread $2.70 x2
- Carrots $1.49
- Tortilla Chips $1.99 x2
- Coffee Cream $2.99
- Store made pizza $5.99
- Store made Garlic Fingers $3.99
- TOTAL was just under $36
Items On Hand:
- Chinese food (rice, meatballs, Egg rolls & chicken)
- Coconut milk
- Pasta cooked in freezer
- Pasta sauce in freezer
Here is the list of what I did for prep on Sunday.
- Boil 6 eggs, cool & store in fridge.
- Baked bread and rolls
- Make up 4 jars of Overnight Oatmeal.
- Cut up celery and carrots into snack bags