- Go through flyers for best prices. Also check online for specials at local butchers, farmer's markets, bakeries and shops.
- Check freezer, fridge, pantry and make as many meals as possible with these items and items on sale this week.
- Make menu and shopping list.
Here's what I purchased yesterday:
- 1 pkg 5 Naan Bread $1.79
- 2x Rotisserie Chicken $15 for 2
- 1 large bag spinach $2.97
- Bananas $1.56
- 2x 1lb extra lean ground beef $3.75
- Hamburger buns $1.79
- Sweet Potatoes $2.64
- Zucchini $2 (bag of 6 in clearance section)
- Broccoli $2.49
- 1 Dozen Croissants ($2.50 were 50% off at WM)
- Strawberries $2.97
- Apples $4.99
- Steak $9.78
TOTAL: just under $60
I usually use this format to plan. Not assigning a day to the meal, but rather having everything prepped to make whichever I feel like doing that day. Here is my plan for this week. Recipes will be added as well, as I get them photographed and posted.
MEALS THIS WEEK
- Naan Pizzas (with chicken & feta)
- Hamburgers & Homemade frozen French Fries
- Roasted Veggies & Chicken
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Fish Cakes
- Chicken with croissants and Gravy
We have options ready and available.
- Breakfast Burritos (in freezer)
- Banana Muffins (in freezer)
- Boiled Eggs
- yogurt, fruit, cereal always an option
- sandwiches or wraps
- chicken with rice and veggies (pictured)
- Plain Greek yogurt (with peanut butter)
- Sliced cucumbers & carrots
- cereal bars / granola bars (kids)
- crackers & cheese
- boiled eggs
Here is the Meal Prep I did yesterday to create this menu and spend less time during the week cooking.