My 80lb Journey - the ups, the downs and living the lifestyle!
My 80lb Journey started in July 2016 when I had just had enough. Over the years I had gained weight, 10 pounds here and 5 pounds there. In July I weighed 250lb, around what I was when I had my first baby. Over the last 13 years I was up and down between 210lbs and 230lbs. The jump to 250 happened over last winter and I could feel it.
My first steps to take were small, changing little things here and there. Each week I feel better, the weight is slowly coming off, which is how I want it. It took a long time to gain, so I am not expecting an overnight weight loss. I am using no gimmicks, eating real food, drinking lots of water and trying to add more exercise to my life.
Through sharing this journey I am hoping to accomplish two things:
- I hope through reading my blog, this inspires even one person to make positive healthy changes for themselves.
- By sharing publicly what I am doing, I feel more accountable to myself to continue and move toward my goal.
Here is my journey unfolding:
- My #80lbJourney Week 1a: the starting point to a healthier me
- My #80lbJourney Week 1b: Over the Years – Turning Point
- My #80lbJourney Week 2: Keep Moving
- My#80lbJourney Week 3: Calories
- My #80lbJourney Week 4: One Month Results & Thoughts
- My #80lbJourney: Cheesies, Hickory Sticks and Beer! Oh My!
- My #80lbJourney week 6-7 : it’s not easy, but it can be done
- My #80lbJourney: Food, Fuel & A New Perspective
- My #80lbJourney – Getting the hang of this, I think
- My #80lbJourney - 8 Week Challenge in Review
- My #80lbJourney - more than just weight loss
- My #80lbjourney - reflections...back to the gym & moving forward