- Where To Find Coupons Coupons can be found in so any places, the link above is a great resource for the most common places to find coupons. The key with using coupons is to pick up a few each time you see them. Save them in your storage/filing system (discussed below) until there is a sale on the items. When you can pair a coupon with a sale or clearance bin item, you will save the most money.
- How To Sort and Store Coupons Finding a Filing system for your coupons can be time consuming, and possibly frustrating. Check out some ideas in the post above, and then tweek them to suit you. This will be the most time consuming part of getting ready to coupon. Once you find a system that works for you, TRY to file coupons each time they come in the house. Taking 5 minutes each evening to put your coupons away is alot more ecouraging than letting them pile up and having to sort through them and file for a couple hours once a month (likely finding good coupons expired in that pile!).
- Coupon Lingo WYB, RRLF, OOP, confused yet? Here is a list of common couponing lingo you will see in our posts, articles and weekly coupon deals.
- Trading Coupons Many times we find coupons we may not use ourselves. One thing you can do to get more of the ones you want, is to trade with others in person or by mail. Join our Coupon Trades and Chat facebook group and find others to find others you can trade coupons with.
- SCOP - Scanning Code Of Practice This is not related to couponing, but EVERY shopper should know about this policy. You have most likely missed out on FREE products in the past if you don't know what SCOP is!
- Preparing For A Shopping Trip
- Using Coupons On The Proper Items
- Spotting A Fake Coupon
The Basics of Couponing You may have seen people on TV or on Facebook sharing shopping trips and saying they spend $11 for a cart load of groceries. Maybe you are struggling to pay bills and need an extra $100 a month freed up in your budget. Perhaps you are trying to save some money for a trip, renovations, a new car, or other "luxury" that takes a little planning to purchase. Or it could be that you simply do not want to ever pay full price for anything and using coupons will help you save even more. Well, you have come to the right place. You will find the basics of how to find coupons, organize them, use them and strategically shop to receive the most bang for your hard earned bucks!